NEW EDEN.....The EvE of a new Azeroth

NEW EDEN.....The EvE of a new Azeroth

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Vein of Life: Logistics

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*
The alarm rings beside the bed.
Time to get up.
Look out the window, a fine central California morning.
Rub the sleep from your eyes.
Now your ready to face the day.


After logging into EVE, I see Corp channel going crazy, one of the scouts just found a C1 full of sigs and no owner. As soon as i make myself known, "o/ morning corp-ies" I'm told to grab the Itty V (almost 39,000m3 of sexiness) and check the wallet blink. Directors had allotted me 150,000,000 ISK to grab a small POS setup. WE WERE MOVING IN!!!

So begins my morning of epic logistics action. I use the POS Honey to figure a simple setup as well as fuel for a week long stay:
-Coolant x336
-O2 x1176
-Enriched Uranium x168
-Heavy Water x946
-Mechanical Parts x336
-Robotics x168
-O2 Isotopes x18984
-Liquid Ozone x5176
These plus the small tower, corp hanger array, ship maint array, ECM batteries, small rails filled the cargo hold of H.M.N.S. Worm to around 3/4 capacity. After an hour of jumping system to system in Verge Vendor & neighboring regions, I'm ready to join the 2 corp members already inside clearing the Radar & Mag sites. Our HAC Pilot ejects and meets me (As well as the mining/scan alt in his Covetor...more about that here in a bit...) at the K-SPace entrance in his Pod. I hop the Itty thru, ALT+TAB to the Alt in his mining barrage, move to hop thru and am told that my ship is to large...so you mean to tell me CCP, that my Covetor CAN'T go thru, but an Itty V, fully loaded now w/ POS, fuel, extra TIII subs, & ammo CAN?!?! Oh, the agony!

After Beginning to anchor the tower, I ALT+TAB again to the Alt, buy a Retriever & begin the jumps to, well, Retrieve it. About this time the tower is anchored, I start adding the fuel to its bay. Now to online this puppy, ERROR. Hmmm, lets try that again...ERROR, alright maybe I should read the ERROR mssg. No O2?!?! OK, must have forgot to add it, open the Itty's cargo hold, rummage thru it:
-Hanger Array
-Maint Array
-Ammo
-Sub Systems
-Distinct lack of O2...
Yup I forgot it, you guessed it. Well this isn't good, but I have the the Alt & Retriever outside right? Sure do but this wouldn't be worth telling if it had been that easy. Only O2 in Verge Vendor? 1,000,000 ISK PER UNIT. F#ck me right? So here we go again King of Logistics, jump time. 18 jumps later I find O2 at around 100 ISK per unit, hop back to the WH and online the tower. Now while this was all going on, I managed to bring the mains Helios, Passive Mrym, and salvage desy into the WH, finishing just 15 minutes before todays extended maint shutdown.

Last night I ended the post w/ a lessons learned section, think I'll make that the anchor tonight as well. Lesson #1? Make a list and check it twice, hell check it 15 or 100 times, it will save you time, and your WH extra mass passing thru it. Know your ship restrictions on the C1, will save you time, that's #2. Now the last one didn't happen today, but #3 is this; ALWAYS check the unit / price before buying, you don't know how close I was to paying 1 mil ISK per O2 before i caught it. Shame on you Mr. Random seller...

Well that covers today, I'll update as we clear sites over the next few days.
o/ Fly Safe!

9 comments:

  1. greatly enjoying this so far!

    keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Phoenix155 is doing you well??? ;-)

    Gotta let me know how the planetary stuff works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a few cycles spend sleeping drifting among the start in a Proteus that was fully shut down, my mind drifted to the realm of conscious thought. I activated the ship’s Systems, and set a warp course for the POS. Upon arrival I noticed both phoenix and Dwarf hanging at the tower, so I quickly went to the corp chat channel where I had already been greeted by them.
    After exchanging some talk about how everyone was we set to discussing what needed doing today. The pos was still properly fueled, but dwarf required a hauler and phoenix some new guns, and I needed a few extra gas harvesters to clear the numerous gas sites in the wormhole. So I joined the fleet with phoenix and dwarf in it, and showed them to the wormhole that I had found the day before. While Dwarf was off I created a medal for pilots who did a great job at corp support, and sorting through the hanger, checking with dwarf for a polymer reaction array, sadly none were available anywhere near him. But I made a mental note to check next time we found an exit.
    I then proceeded to train a new level on my planetary consolidation skill, that would allow me to set up one extra colony. Sadly our WH possesses every planet type we need except an oceanic one, which means we have no access to planctic colonies, however we could import that if when we needed it.
    Upon dwarf’s return Phoenix and me warped together to a sleeper site, and started to destroy the wave of frigates that were present. My alarms starting blaring as the shields failed, but the incoming damage slowed considerable as my armor held thanks to the layers of armor hardening shields, and the continuous streams of nanobots that repaired every tiny hole that appeared. Phoenix’s myrmidon was holding in much the same fashion. The sleeper frigates proved to be the biggest annoyance, they weren’t particularly damaging or sturdy, but they were very fast, and evaded my fire. The swarms of drones I released did manage to damage them, but got shot at the moment they launched from my bay. Eventually I resorted to some tricky maneuvering with the MWD to get some shot landed on them which was largely successful, but also tiring. Still we made good time on killing the sleepers, and once we were done dwarf came with the Thrasher to clean up.
    Warping back to the pos we were happy with our gains, and a job well done. Nearing the scheduled maintenance cycle we put our ships at the pos and prepped them for inspection and some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eliniale is one of our Directors (and a hyper-active WH junkie...) and has helped me a thousand-fold in setting up in W-Space. Thank you again for posting on last nights actions in "Old Eden".

    I would also like to thank those that have added this Blog to the tracker and those that have posted comments, you are great motivation to keep this going.

    o/ FLY SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dwarf, enjoying your blog so far.. I myself am an avid follower of Star Defender and I too was inspired to blog it.

    Good Luck , and can't wait to see what you guys have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dv8Mutt,
    If Helen was the woman who launched a thousand ships, Star Defender is the man who anchored a thousand POS towers. Its wonderful to see the community grow as it has, if you would post your blog site in a comment, would love to follow you as well.

    o/ Fly Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. [EDIT: Wrong URL to the WHole Pack]
    Hey, welcome to the wormholes.

    I manage a list of wormhole related blogs [and their friends] and I've taken the liberty of adding you to the list.

    WHole Pack

    There's a growing community of people living out in wormholes and co-operating or shooting at each other. We're glad to have you all and hope we run into you setting up another tower soon. :)

    Kename Fin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kename Fin
    Thank you for adding the blog. Added you to my follow list as well and I'd anticipate several questions coming your way in regards to life in a higher class WHole. We have plans to move into a C2-C3 in the next few days.
    Hope to (wonders how the encounter will play out...) meet you in the WHole someday.

    o/ Fly Safe!

    ReplyDelete