NEW EDEN.....The EvE of a new Azeroth

NEW EDEN.....The EvE of a new Azeroth

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day #1

FREEDOM!

I did it. I can't believe its done, but I did it, after months of watching skill plans tick-toc by in EVEmon, I was ready to hop thru to the abyss that was the object of my obsession. Wormholes, the thing that got me into EvE in the first place and here I was in one, a freshly fitted passive Myrm at my keyboards control. Here I was.

Let me step back a bit, I don't intend on this being an RP blog, I don't want to ramble (the latter would be the thing you should watch out for...), I just want to document my trips into W-Space as I make them, Mongol-like, & perhaps decide to live there in a fashion a bit down the road. My primary source for all things WH was the blog by Star Defender at eve-wormholes.blogspot.com, when the damn things first showed up. The EvE Online Forums, as well as hours at google and Bing brought numerous resources to my fingertips. At this point things in W-Space have settled down to routine in our EvE universe so there is no need for this to be a step-by-step guide, as others have done better than I could hope to top. I simply intend to add my 2 or 3 ISK worth and post my weekly adventures.

So, here we are back to the first jump thru. As my Helios warped to the Proteus of a corp member, we find a Helios sitting at the WH he had just scanned down, after attempting conversation, we decided to just roll w/ it. I did the first thing every guide tells you to do, I BM'd the K-Space exit, jumped thru and BM'd my entrance then shot a probe into my new system. I quickly BM'd the 5 combat sites (4x ambush, 1x perimeter camp) and re-entered K-Space to get my Mrym. As I warp back to the WH BM, the Helios is still sitting there, no answer from my convo attempts, I jump thru and warp to the site saved Ambush #1. At 40km Warden I's are deployed, Arty is loaded w/ Proton M and the sleeper frigs start popping w/n the 4th volley. Between the TIII gank/tank and the Mrym's great (better than a Drake? lets not start THAT here) passive tank-ness/sentry pwn'age the 1st site is cleared and salvaged in less than 10 min.

Warping to Ambush #2 we begin to clear the sleeper sentry towers when my Mrym screams at me "ERRRNNNNTTT" Im at 75% shields...WTF M8! I in my infinite noob-ness had forgot to turn on my hardeners, quick think! scoop drones, check! warp to safe spot, crap forgot the safe spot, warp to 50km of WH BM, check! after letting the shields recharge, I warp back to find my Corp m8 has already cleared to the 3rd wave, I begin salvaging the wrecks hes left behind. At this point I realize I have made another mistake, I've forgotten to run my directional this entire Op, something EVERY guide hits on "Don't go 2 minutes w/o hitting your directional...", clicking it I see the list of POS structures pop up (did i mention the LARGE POS in the system? didn't think so, maybe because I just now noticed them...). Right about this time I recieve a convo invite, being the strapping lad that I am, I accept. "You rang?" was the mssg i was greeted w/. It was the Helios pilot from the K-Space exit...

I inform this pilot that we had noticed him at a K-Space WH exit and had just wanted to ensure that there would be no hostility between us and him, should he decided to join us inside. It turns out, that this was HIS system and POS setup and he was simply waiting on a shipment of POS stuffs for his next extended period in the WH. The convo went something like this:

me: "pls mr, we are only clearing a few pew-pew sites, we mean you no harm and intend to leave after this salvage is complete"
system owner: "no worries, the WH still has plenty of mass, hop thru when your ready"
me: "gee mr, thxs a million"
s.o.: "np, all ive been doing are the grav sites anymore and production"
me: "well mr, were out, its been a pleasure"
s.o.: "fly safe"

So ends my first WH adventure. Came out w/ just over 10 mil in sleeper libraries and assorted salvage for the corp-ie's manufacturing. Not a bad first day, not a let down to be sure, after months of waiting, reading, planning, and dreaming it was well worth it, plenty of rushes, good combat and some alright loot. Mistakes, yeah a few mistakes are on the list #1 being directional, directional, directional. Not having a safe spot or twenty also makes the list, as does not having noticed the POS on my initial probe. Not sure how I missed it, maybe so caught up w/ the 5 100% sigs from the combat sites I never looked below it.

Well that's it, told you to watch for the ramble!
o/ fly safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment